- When scaremongering commercials get ridiculous
- A very disturbing tale of child terror from a former Jehovah’s witness.
- If you’ve seen some Glenn Beck, this Jon Stewart takeoff will have you in stitches.
- An important discussion about how creationists misrepresent history in trying to show that Darwin led to Hitler.
- A good response to Ray Comfort’s planned publishing of the Origin of Species with his 50p creationist intro.
- If you like Christopher Hitchens or Stephen Fry you can watch them massacre the Catholic church in a recent Intelligence2 debate about whether the Catholic church is a force for good. Check out the pre/post-debate polling. Pretty much all undecideds and 1/3 of those who said yes before switched to no!
- Speaking of which, I’ll just quote the Washington Post:
The D.C. Council is considering a law forbidding discrimination against those in gay marriages. The law would apply to all groups that have contracts with the District, including Catholic Charities, one of the city’s largest social services providers. The Archdiocese of Washington says that because of the Church’s opposition to same-sex marriage, it would have to suspend its social services to the poor, the homeless and others rather than provide employee benefits to same-sex married couples or allow them to adopt.