I’m back from overseas as of recently (on which I may post soon) but am very tired. Plus I’ve missed 2+ weeks of blogospheric shenanigans and only caught up in a short time. So without further superfluousness, enjoy the cut-down jet lag version of Friday links!
- A theme park dedicated to Stalin’s repression
- Pi really is wrong: a compelling case to replace the use of the constant with tau (=6.2831…)
- A nationwide anti-gay pogrom is set to start in Kenya
- A Sokal Hoax for integrative medicine: a doctor got an integrative medicine journal to publish his joke paper about a butt homunculus (much like the foot homunculus of reflexology fame).
- Amanda Marcotte being her usual clear self on the political impact of Wikileaks and why the farcical leaks may end up being more important.
- Meanwhile Kate Harding speath rightly on the rape side of this month-of-Assange
- Topless striptease gymnasts perform for Pope. Really.
- Patent office approves Facebook’s attempt to trademark “face”
- Amazing app that translates directly into images meaning you hover your phone over the sign and you can see the same sign in the phone with Spanish replaced with English. Updates live as you move the phone around.